06 Oct Strategies for Success Conference & Marketplace
Celebrate Small Business Week with Us! October 18, 2016 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Spend the day learning about Strategies for Success from local business experts that will make your business thrive. You’ll have opportunities to network and collaborate with other entrepreneurs.
Visit our Marketplace where you will meet the CoWorking Members of e=mc2 The Centre for Business Excellence where they’ll share some of their favorite business tips with you. Learn about their expertise & discover ways to collaborate and make your business flourish.
Look for Special Offers & Door Prizes too!
Strategies for Success Conference (details below)
Here’s what you can expect:
Conference Topics & Speakers:
1. Successful Business Strategies – A Financial Perspective
Stefan Armstrong CPA, CMA, Armstrong Glen
In this session, you will receive practical financial advice for your business – from start-up to exit. You will learn:
- How to start up your business with the Canada Revenue Agency
- What form of business you should go with: Corporation or Sole Proprietorship
- What to look for in an accountant, what work can you do yourself to reduce your bill
- Options on outsourcing your bookkeeping
- How to get financing for your Corporation, what banks are looking at
- Don’t lose sight of the biggest indicator once your business matures
- How to exit your business tax free
2. Defining Effective YetAffordable Marketing Strategies For Your Small Business
Isabelle Daigneault, IDee Marketing
In this session, you will Learn how to :
- get to know your target audience intimately
- clarify your vision, mission and values
- scope out the competition and define your unique value proposition
- use story telling to connect emotionally to your customers
- network to gain support
3. Smart Social Strategies
Stephanie O’Brien, Carmella Consulting
Help your business determine its’ smart social strategies through this hands on social media workshop. Designed with the busy business owner in mind, you’ll learn tips, tricks and strategies to manage your social media accounts in less than 15 minutes per day.
4. Planning the Growth of your Business
Bruce Tannas, Business Development Officer, Community Futures Centre West
This session will look at different strategies to help you grow your business.
Visit the websites of our Marketplace Participants: